Skip to main content

You are in Turkey for a Mission and...

 

For Pic



You are working in an embassy or elsewhere and you have come to Turkey by necessity.

This is likely your compulsory duty - naturally - not in a small town in Turkey... I am writing this article about compulsory stays in the centers of big cities.

But if you say, "I came to a small town. How is it here?" If anyone says so, I will prepare an article for them.


Now let's come to the situation in big cities...

Again, 'naturally', I am preparing this article by thinking of Istanbul and Ankara, maybe also Adana...

I don't know exactly what you'll do when you're on mandatory duty, but if it's your first time in such a situation, you're probably making the standard tourist mistakes.

Well; going to popular places, thinking that you are eating Turkish food from tourist menus in restaurants arranged for tourists, etc. Especially if you are in a big city, the soul of the city is always in the back streets. And do you know; this is not as bad as it is portrayed. Of course, after learning about the really bad back streets and places not to go.

Well, in a big city in Turkey, where are the tourist places where you can get scammed? And the big question is, how do you spot places like this?

It's very simple, don't go to the cities or places you've heard of in those cities.

Yes, this is a bit of a problem... You don't know if another place you go to will appeal to you, but don't you need more than just being a tourist who is subject to routine procedures? After all, you have to live here for a while...

What an important and healthy tip on this subject, look around the tourist places you want to go... When I say look around, I mean a few streets behind, in front of, next to...

Some places are behind the tourist centers but only try to get their share from it, are of good quality, relatively cheaper than the centers, but also have to appeal to the local people.

Unfortunately, I stopped going out at night and going to bars to have fun for a few years, due to the mixing of refugees in my country with big cities. For this reason, I cannot tell you about the bars to visit or how you should choose them... In my opinion, the healthiest thing is not to go out after dark... anyway...


Let's see how to choose places to eat and do grocery shopping...

For example, you are in Kadıköy... Do not try to go to Beşiktaş to eat. Wet Hamburgers, Mussels in 'Mercan' or light alcohol you can have at noon at 'Çinili Cafe' will save you from the long journeys or the rage of tourist restaurants that seem larger and more expensive...

Or you just wanted a normal grocery shopping...

We have local and small markets that are not big like Carrefour or Ikea...

Meanwhile, our government has declared them the devil of our economic collapse, but you can find many familiar and cheap materials in those markets; Like ŞOK, A101, or BIM...

There are also small counties of other cities bordering the city you live in.

For example, you are in Istanbul; When you cross the Asian side, you can reach Kocaeli's Darıca - Bayramoğlu or Gebze, the last end of Istanbul, 1 or 1.5 hours away, thanks to the metro.

The promises of these small towns are as I have just explained; the opposite of finding relatively cheap and natural places in tourist places...

Tourists come here either not at all or very little... Maybe ten people a year when I say very little? (I am not sure)...

From this, you can find high-quality places that are expensive according to the region but can be considered free compared to Istanbul...

But of course, they are very few.

If you need help on the subject, you can write again in the comments and I will search for you, even for regions I do not know.

Take care... have fun...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Confusion of My Music Taste

  People's musical tastes are mostly fixed. For example, someone likes to listen to classical music.   If that person coincidentally loves a pop singer or group, but when you look at it, you will see that the songs of that group or singer actually have a classical music background. But my situation is very complicated. For example, Wagner's leitmotif or Bach's crazy counterpoints are okay... These are normal since I've been trained/studying. Well, I also like a bit Medieval Traveling Musicians. Most of you know them as Bard. But I learned as minnesinger, troubadour, and trouvére. The Bards have always sounded more political to me... Maybe because of their history... Anyway... I mean, it's natural to have things I love about classical music because I studied at school for 10 years. (In Turkey, the conservatory starts at the age of 10-11 and leaves the regular schools. There is a different education system). While I was studying, we were forbidden to listen to anythin

Sun Tzu Says!

                 This cute little Chinese uncle has a famous book called The Art of War. If I'm not mistaken, it is also on the reading list of some countries' war academies...                Well, do you know what war is according to Uncle Sun? The art of deception.                I took a lot of quotes from the book but stuck on one sentence. I wouldn't be if I didn't write about it.                Conquering an already defeated enemy.             He argues that this was a just and moral victory. Oh, by the way, the reason why this enemy has already been defeated; It is due to the fact that the enemy took the army or the commander in front of him by various tricks, making them unable to fight.                It is obvious that this is a victory, but is it really an honorable victory? Wouldn't the war of the strong be more honorable, won by the right of the wrist? I mean, of course, I think about everything during the period of Uncle Sun. After all, there were no s